Twisted polypropylene is a good all-purpose rope
Lightweight design makes it the only rope that floats
- Hollow-braided construction can be spliced
- Good strength when a steady force is applied
- Not damaged by oils and chemicals
- Superior abrasion and sunlight resistance
- 244-lb. working load capacity
Twisted polypropylene rope is formed by coiling three strands together in the same direction, making it a good all-purpose rope. Because of its light weight, polypropylene is the only rope that floats, and features a hollow-braided construction that can be spliced. Polypropylene stretches very little, and therefore cannot absorb shock loads as well as nylon, but is very close in strength when a steady force is applied. The twisted polypropylene rope is equally resistant to moisture and chemicals, and is superior in abrasion resistance and resistance to sunlight. 3/8"-dia. twisted rope is 600 ft. in length with a 244-lb. working load capacity. Yellow color. Imported.